Each year, 52 Lives helps to spread kindness to people in need through our amazing Christmas Project. What began as a way for us to help schools give gifts to some children who otherwise might not have received one, has grown into a huge annual project where we send gifts to hundreds of people who - for whatever reason - may not receive any Christmas presents. Last year, we sent gifts to more than 1000 people, including women and children living in refuges, people who are homeless, children affected by the Grenfell fire, families relying on food banks, children identified by their schools as being in need of help, and young people leaving the care system. This year we'd like to do even more!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. You can nominate schools or organisations who work with people who will struggle to buy Christmas presents this year.
2. We select the schools/organisations we are going to help, and they tell us how many gifts are needed and who they are for.
3. We then set up an Amazon wishlists and fill them with gifts (we liaise closely with the schools/organisations, to make sure we buy the gifts people really want).
4. Strangers all over the world buy the presents, which are sent directly to the organisations/schools to give to the people we're helping.
In previous years, some schools we helped set up a Christmas 'shop' so parents who couldn't afford gifts could come in and choose something to give their child (so their child would never know it didn't come from them)....while a food bank we helped gave out gifts along with the food parcels. The gifts are given in so many wonderful ways - but however it's done, the result is the same - love and kindness being spread to those who need it most on Christmas Day.
So - do you know a school, refuge or shelter where there are children or adults who may not receive Christmas presents this year? Let us know! We will choose several to help from the nominations we receive.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org , including:
- Name of the School/Refuge/Shelter
- Contact person
- Contact email and phone number
- Why you think they need help
Nominations will close on 17th October 2018