Last month, a woman called Leanne contacted 52 Lives with a small request. She asked if we could send a birthday card to her son, Thomas. She told us that Thomas has autism and was about turn 13. She said he had never been invited to a birthday party and had never received a card from anyone outside his family. Birthday parties she had organised for him in the past had to be cancelled when no one could come. Leanne was desperate to make sure his 13th birthday was different.
Well today is Thomas’s 13th birthday and thanks to all of you, this is what he woke up to this morning!
- More cards than his mum could fit in their living room. The photos below show one batch - there were more!
- Video messages, cards and gifts from the children at Fairwater Primary School, who made some amazing things for Thomas as part of our School Kindness Project. You can watch the video messages they made below...
- A Liverpool shirt signed by his favourite player, Coutinho, and the rest of the Liverpool team
- A full Liverpool Football strip
- Dozens of Amazon gifts and gift cards
- A birthday weekend away at his dream location – Pleasure Beach.
- Tickets to Blue Planet Aquarium (thank you Sue and the Blue Planet team for donating these!).
There was a small amount of money leftover after we did all of this for Thomas but when we asked Leanne what she wanted us to do with it, she said to donate it to another life, as she felt they had already been given so much.
Thank you so much to everyone who helped with this. Your kindness has meant Thomas’s 13th birthday is the best one he has ever had.