This week, 52 Lives is helping a family from the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
The family, a young mother and her three children, are struggling financially.
I have met this family personally. The mother is an incredibly brave and kind lady who works as hard as she can to make a better life for her children, but things are difficult for them at the moment and a little bit of help would make a big difference. With cooler weather approaching, she has been trying to find money to buy warmer bedding (for 2 double beds and 1 single) and clothes for her and her children. We would love to be able to find those things for her.
What We Did
This is what we took to the family. The lovely mum was so grateful she cried when I arrived with everything.
1. A brand new double duvet (doona) thanks to Camilla Betros
2. A brand new single duvet thanks to Mary Mitchell
3. A $150 Coles Myer Gift Card sent by someone 52 Lives helped in a previous week (the letter it arrived with is pictured left)
4. A $100 Coles Myer Gift Card donated by a kind local mum who wants to remain anoymous.
5. Some new warm clothes for the children and a second hand vacuum from 52 Lives.
6. And finally, some duvet covers donated by my mum!:
I wasn't expecting to be able to give the family new things - I thought it would be all second hand. Thanks so much to everyone for helping us do this.